short term things i need to do-
- return this book to the local library, before I forget and it goes over three weeks and i owe money again
- go to the other library and get a card for that library system and check out cool books from there
- put these socks away in my dresser
But the state of Israel was not created for the salvation of the Jews; it was created for the salvation of the Western interests. This is what is becoming clear (I must say that it was always clear to me). The Palestinians have been paying for the British colonial policy of “divide and rule” and for Europe’s guilty Christian conscience for more than thirty years.
Finally: there is absolutely—repeat: absolutely—no hope of establishing peace in what Europe so arrogantly calls the Middle East (how in the world would Europe know? having so dismally failed to find a passage to India) without dealing with the Palestinians. The collapse of the Shah of Iran not only revealed the depth of the pious Carter’s concern for “human rights,” it also revealed who supplied oil to Israel, and to whom Israel supplied arms. It happened to be, to spell it out, white South Africa.
i want bangs again kind of
at least i know now that i’m capable of cutting them myself.. what kind tho idk
things i wanna do
- get into grad school or get a solid job and eventually go to grad school
- MAKe thINGS omfg i just wanna make things like crafty thigns i have materials now actually i just need to make things -cries-
- make $$$ or get into school somewhere not here or both —> have my own place (loosely defined - can still live with roommates) omfg
- get my life together tbh, basically
- define my personal problems and work on them lol… these character flaws rly need some work
Also I know that Yellowcard song is about an Ocean Ave. in Florida but whenever I see the one around here sometimes when we go to the beach, I remember the song lol. (aka I’m listening to Ocean Avenue for the first time in forever rn)
I don’t really like that “We are Young” song but like, I do enjoy that beginning bit of it. Also, I’m attached to it because it reminds me of the beginning of the last year of undergrad (like.. just a little less than a year ago) because my friend L. really liked the song and she would drive us to the school gym after we did our GRE studying twice a week and this would come on the radio often. That was a really bad sentence. But basically I’m saying it reminds me of months ago, I remember feeling really happy and free and good. I dunno. Those were some good months, man. It was before I really got into my research project, studying for the GRE was going well, especially because we were studying together and we would reward ourselves by ‘relaxing’ at the gym at some group class after our study sessions. It came on the radio today when I was driving home and I was thinking about this.
Anonymous said: don't you think it's messed up how many white liberals care more about animal rights than racism and sexim against women of color?
accidentally found out that there’s such a thing as a “lemonade diet/cleanse”
u need 2 stop
people who survive the summer with long hair are surviving the apocalypse
(Source: intellectualpanda, via shanthamma)